Saturday, February 4, 2017

Movie Review: Touch of Evil (1958)

Another review of an old movie for both the fashions and the movie.

The Movie:  7 (on a scale of -10 to 10).  A murder along the US/Mexico border inflames relations between the two countries as both American and Mexican officers work to solve the crime.  The plot was good, but didn't engage me as much as it should have because I'm generally not terribly interested in murder mysteries.  I was also preoccupied thinking about my favorite border town, and how everyone there must be terrified right now.  In any case, the cinematography was exceptionally good, especially the opening shot. 

The Fashions:  6 (on a scale of 1 to 10).  Generally I don't find 1950's fashions as interesting as the 30's or 40's.  But, in this case, there was one pleated pencil skirt that would have looked completely unremarkable on a pattern envelope or in a fashion photo, but it looked amazing as it moved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment