Sunday, March 27, 2016

Simplicity 3359, 1950's day dress-- a sad disappointment

I spent an entire day making muslins of Simplicity 3395, a 1950's day dress.  I love this design.  Isn't that collar adorable?  I was planning to make it in black linen as a cool and sophisticated summer dress.
Alas, it was not to be.  I went through two different muslins and couldn't get it to fit right.  Not by a long shot.  I'm not entirely sure what the problem was, whether the pattern was poorly drafted, whether it was drafted for a body with 1950's underpinnings, or it was my inexperience fitting that kind of princess seams.  Either way, it did not fit, and it did not fit in some very odd ways.

Grump.

Back to the drawing board...

1 comment:

  1. Hi, just found your blog. I like reading it!
    The almost-falling-off the shoulder look is a hard one to get right as is the cut on sleeve with a princess dart so I think it's probably the pattern.

    ReplyDelete