Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Abandoning a Project


Sometimes projects just don't work out.

I worked on this one a couple of months ago, and got mad at it because I kept setting the sleeves in wrong.  That was not the dress's fault.

I pulled it out again today to work on it, and remembered all the things I didn't like about the fabric.  It's wool crepe, but it's scratchy and doesn't drape well.  Plus, it smells funky-- like chemicals.

I could spend more time on this dress, and fix the sleeves and what I didn't like about the bodice.  Then I could line it.

On the other hand, I'm never going to be excited to wear this dress on account of the fabric.  I don't even think this scratchy, smelly wool crepe can justify the cost of the lining fabric.

Better to pass the fabric along to someone else and start over with different fabric.


No comments:

Post a Comment